As we know that QuickBooks is very immaculate accounting software, but with this, you can end up encountering some issues and errors while performing several tasks. And, we are in anticipation that this amazing blog will definitely help you to easily & instantly deal with QuickBooks error H202 when you see it in QuickBooks accounting software.
The QuickBooks error code H202 simply arises when the QuickBooks user is trying to switch the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode. This error H202 says that the QuickBooks company file is on another system and wants to get some help to just connect. And, because of this error code, the QuickBooks user is not capable to easily access the QB company file that is just located on another system (PC).
This error code H202 in QuickBooks software can be difficult to fix but, we are here to help you through this complete and ultimate guide. In this guide, we will provide you all the possible and very simple methods to quickly get rid of QuickBooks H202 error. So, you can easily fix this QuickBooks error on your own.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
The QB error H202 has the potential to come out when the QuickBooks user simply copies the organization file & folders from one PC to another PC.
Generally, the QuickBooks error code H202 happens when a Workstation just fails to interact with the QuickBooks company file and also doesn’t allow the QuickBooks users to easily access the company file.
Why does Error H202 Occur in QuickBooks Software?
Here are some major reasons that cause this QuickBooks error H202 are listed below:-
- When the hosting settings are just misconfigured, this Quickbooks error H202 occurs.
- And, when the complete exchange of data between the server and QuickBooks is being simply blocked by the firewall software.
- When the DNS settings are not properly and correctly configured.
- With this, when the host’s or server’s IP address is not just available to QuickBooks accounting software.
- When these wonderful and the best QuickBooks services are not simply running – QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor.
- There is some serious issue with the QuickBooks database server manager (QBDSM).
- When .nd file is simply damaged, this error code happens.
What are the Major Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks H202 error can create the following important symptoms:-
- Because of this error, the QB user is just incapable to switch to multiple-user mode.
- Also, the QuickBooks user is incapable to open a QuickBooks company file that is located on another system.
- The QuickBooks error code H202 message arrives on the QuickBooks users’ screen.
- The QuickBooks accounting software may slow down or just stop.
- A PC may become sluggish or inactive because of the occurrence of this error.
Troubleshooting Easy Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code H202
So, to easily get off this QuickBooks error you just need to implement the below-mentioned simple methods.
Method 1:- Check & Verify the Network Connection
- First of all, you have to simply turn on the Hosting on all the workstations and servers.
- In the second step, do a click on the server name from your workstation.
- In the last, just enter the server name.
Method 2:- Download & Install the Network Diagnostic Tool
- First, do one thing, just download & install and then run the QuickBooks network diagnostic tool.
- After that, simply scan the folder where the QuickBooks company file has been located.
- Now, simply write down the complete and right IP address.
- Do a click on the Open Ports option to just enable all the ports for QuickBooks accounting software.
- In this step, just check and verify all the data file connectivity.
- At last, simply re-launch the QuickBooks company file.
So, if you are still encountering QuickBooks H202 error, just include all the QuickBooks port to the exceptions list in the Windows Firewall.
Method 3:- Make a New & Latest Folder for the QuickBooks Company File
- Firstly, just make a new and very latest folder.
- Now, simply share the new folder.
- In the third step, just set up the Windows access and also the folder permissions to simply share all the company files.
- And finally, launch the QB company file in the multi-user mode.
Method 4:- Download, Install and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
We all know that QuickBooks file doctor is the most trustworthy and reliable tool to easily diagnose and troubleshoot all types of QuickBooks errors & issues along with the QuickBooks error H202. So, if you want to fix this error, you just have to download and install this amazing tool. Because this QB file doctor tool will automatically identify the error h202 and instantly fix it.
Method 5:- Generate the. ND Company File
- In the first step, just search for the. ND in the windows search space and then click on the enter button.
- After completing the first step, delete the.ND file by simply right-clicking on this file.
- Now, do a click on the Confirm button when the confirmation window will just display on your computer screen.
- Then, choose the Windows option.
- In this step, just select the All Programs option and then choose QuickBooks accounting software.
- Next, you have to simply choose the QuickBooks database server manager (QBDSM).
- After that, select the Scan Folder.
- And then, choose the Add Folder option and browse the QuickBooks company file folder.
- In this step, select the QuickBooks company file and do a click on the OK button.
- Now, just choose the Scan option.
- And at last, once you are done with the scanning process or scanning process is just complete, click on the Close button.
Method 6:- Locate Hosting to Local Files & Folders
- First, just open the QuickBooks software.
- In the second step, choose the F2 button to open all the Product Information.
- Next, select the Hosting to simply follow only the local files and folders.
- In the last step, always ensure that no other client is trying to host the same QuickBooks company file.
Method 7:- Keep all the Server to the Windows Host File
- First of all, just launch the Windows hosts file on your system.
- Now, simply type the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\ through on your PC Notepad.
- After that, just launch Notepad as Admin, if required, otherwise not.
- In this step, locate the insertion point after the last and right IP address and then do a click on the server’s IP address.
- Now, do enter the TAB key and then type the server name.
- Next, in the File menu option, select the Save button and after that, do a click on the Exit button.
- In the end, attempt to launch the QuickBooks company file.
Method 8:- Now Re-launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDSM)
- In the very first step, open the Windows Run and simply write the MSC.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- In the third step, do a Right-click on the files named QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB17 (2007) or QuickBooks DB18 (2008) and then select the Stop button.
- Now, simply choose the start and shut down the windows option.
- In this step, just present Extensions for “all the known file & folders types”.
- And then, select the View tab option and then choose the Hide extensions for known file & folders types.
- Do a click on the View tab again and after that select the Show hidden files and folders option. Now, simply delete all the Hide protected operating system (OS) files and folders.
- Next, select the Yes button on the warning message and click on the OK button.
- Finally, just close the Windows Explorer.
Method 9:- Check and Verify all the QuickBooks Software Services
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks accounting software on the server.
- Now, choose the Files option and then go to the utilities option.
- In the end, select the Host multi-user access.
To just check the status of QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDBXX, simply follow the easy steps:-
- Simply launch the Window and then type SMS in the text field.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- After that, choose the QuickBooksDBXX and do a click on the OK button.
- In this step, just search for the Startup type.
- Now, simply check & verify whether the startup type is Automatic or not, if not, then set it on Automatic mode.
- And then, search for the Service status option and after that just check whether it is running or not.
- After completing the previous step, simply active the Service status.
- Next, run the Recovery tab and click on the OK button.
- Then, for the first, second and all the following failures, simply select the “Restart the Service” option.
- Choose to Apply > OK option.
- And now, just repeat all the above-mentioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 10:- Check the Complete Firewall Settings
- So, first, simply make exceptions in the firewall settings.
- And after that, change all the permissions in the firewall settings.
- Now, launch the best QuickBooks software on all of the workstations and also on the servers.
- And at last, just choose the QuickBooks accounting software multi-user mode in the File menu option.