Many of the QuickBooks users encounter a number of unwanted errors during working on QuickBooks accounting software. And, one of the such commonly found errors is called QuickBooks error 6150.
And, if you also find yourself in such type of situation like this where you are not just capable to simply open your QuickBooks company file or even run it in many of the cases and if QuickBooks error code 6150 is just displayed on your system screen, so, in that case, you must know that when and why this type of error code happens in your QuickBooks software. With this, It is, therefore, most important to simply fix this error code so that it can be just prevented from occurring again.
Here in this article, we will discuss everything about this QuickBooks error 6150. And, the things which we discuss such as why this QuickBooks error code occurs, its symptoms, and also give you very easy & instant solutions to simply fix this error code.
Why QuickBooks Error 6150 Occurs?
QuickBooks error code 6150 can be caused by some of the factors. And, here we discuss some of the major reasons behind the occurance of this QuickBooks error.
- When QuickBooks Windows or QuickBooks company file is just damaged, this error in QuickBooks happens. So, always make a portable backup file option.
- And, when the QuickBooks installation is simply corrupt or damaged.
- If you just open a portable file (.qbm) without opening the QuickBooks accounting software. So, that case, you may encounter this QuickBooks error 6150.
- When you have changed or wrongly typed extension for QuickBooks file, this error code occurs.
- And, also when you simply trying to save a QuickBooks macintosh file using QuickBooks for Windows.
- When the QuickBooks company file is virus-infected, you face such type of unexpected QuickBooks error code.
Symptoms you get when QuickBooks Error Code 6150 Happens
- First is, your system keeps crashing by showing error code 6150 while running the same program.
- QuickBooks error 6150 arrives on your system screen while the Window is just active.
- Also, your system keeps stopping every second time.
- And, you have to keep always checking when the error code 6150 message simply appears on your system screen, so it definitely helps in troubleshooting the issue.
Easy Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6150
Here, we will provide some of the easy and parament methods to just resolve this QuickBooks error code 6150.
Method 1:- Try Initial and Primary Steps
- In any case, the QuickBooks error message is simply linked to the file extension of the QuickBooks company file, then always consider changing all the file extension and just saving the QB company file with a correct and proper extension.
- After that, just verify that the QuickBooks company file is simply opening on another device or not.
- In this step, just re-install the QuickBooks accounting software if the file is not up-to-date.
- Now, simply save the QuickBooks for macintosh in the Mac system and not a Windows-based system and vice versa also.
- Lastly, just perform a proper and best antivirus update before opening the Quickbooks company file.
Many of the times, the QuickBooks error 6150 is not simply fixed using the above initial steps. So, in such type of cases, try other simple methods that are just given below to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6150. And, one of the very easy methods which are mentioned below should definitely help you to simply solve the issue. With this, if in case, the error still persists after implementing a method, then simply move on to the next method.
Method 2:- Check for Malware and Virus
Some of the situations, a virus-like CryptoWall or any other malicious program may lead to QuickBooks error 6150 and just block a user from using QuickBooks software.
So, here just follow the very easy & quick steps that are given below, so that you can easily decide on how to proceed further to get rid of this QuickBooks error.
- First of all, just go to the bottom left of your system screen and then simply click on the Windows start menu option.
- Now, in the search field, simply type the words – file explorer – and just open it.
- After that, just look for the QuickBooks software folder and then simply open it.
- And then, search for words – instructions or decrypt – in the files.
If in any case, you are just incapable to simply find the above all the files, your system is fine and you should just move to the next method.
Method 3:- Just Restore from Backup
- In the first step, simply visit the QuickBooks software and then do a click on the file option. Next, just click on the open or restore the company option.
- Now, just apply to restore a backup copy and after that do a click on the Next button.
- And then, just select the local backup option and then simply click on the Next button.
- In this step, simply choose the location of the QuickBooks company file backup from the look-in drop-down menu list.
- After that, just choose the backup option, it should be simply available with .qbb extension.
- Now, click on the open option followed by the next button.
- And then, just visit the save-in drop-down menu list and simply browse for a selected location to just restore all the backup files.
- In this step, in the file-name field option, simply type a new company file name. And then, just check that save as filed should automatically save all the restored file in .qbw format.
- Now, do a click on the yes button.
- And finally, simply type yes to approve the overwrite process.
Now, just check if QuickBooks error code 6150 is still appearing or not on your system screen. If yes, then just implement the next easy method.
Method 4:- Create a new QuickBooks Desktop File from Scratch
- First of all, simply open the QuickBooks desktop.
- In this step, on the no company open Window option, just create a new company.
- After that, simply visit the QuickBooks setup Window option and just fill in all the necessary information.
- Now, do a click on the create company option.
- At last, just start working by generating customers, chart of account and services, etc.
Method 5:- Always Make use of Auto Data Recovery
An amazing tool that is simply developed by Intuit and known as auto data recovery can definitely help in just fixing the QuickBooks company file. And, this process is pretty lengthy and can take several days. So, while the process will take some time, you will be simply incapable to use QuickBooks accounting software. With this, during this time, you can just note all the accounting changes and simply put them in QuickBooks software later on.
If this QuickBooks error 6150 continues in QuickBooks software, so, they always interrupt all the normal functioning of the software. And, for this error recovery with the stellar repair for QuickBooks software is constantly a sure shot solution. Simply follow all the parament methods which are given above and get rid of this QuickBooks error code easily.